|Welcome Freshmen! Though it may seem like a long time off, before you know it you'll be finishing high school and heading off to college. Plan ahead for success.
Plan for the year ahead
Learn About Colleges
- Meet with your guidance counselor to discuss your college plans. Review your schedule with him or her to make sure you are enrolled in challenging classes that will help you prepare for college. Colleges prefer four years of English, math, history, science, and world language.
- Get more involved with extracurricular activities
- Volunteer! Colleges love to see students who have volunteered their time to help others. (One survey even stated 1000 hours of community service during high school was valued as highly as scoring a perfect score on the SAT!)
- Go to college fairs in your area
Prepare for Tests
- Use your Naviance account to learn more about colleges
- Check out the "About Me" section of your Naviance account.
- Talk to friends who are home for the weekend or holiday
- Next year you should plan to take the PSAT. Work hard in your classes to make sure you have prepared as best you can.