MPS Early Childhood Center Preschool Registration Information
Registration for the Marlborough Early Childhood Center 2019-2020 school year will begin Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2018 and end Friday, January 18, 2019. (Registrations received after January 18, 2019, will automatically go on the waitlist).
Due to space/enrollment constraints, the Marlborough Early Childhood Center uses a lottery system for admitting students into ECC classes. To qualify for the lottery, parents must complete ALL registration materials at the bottom of this page.
- Registration documents must be completed in full and can be returned to the ECC between 8 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays) now through Jan. 18, 2019.
- Parents who have submitted completed registration documents by the Jan. 18, 2019 deadline will be contacted sometime in late December or early January with an appointment time to bring their preschooler to the ECC for pre-admission academic and developmental screening.
- All appointments will be on Jan. 31, 2019 - applicants should keep this date open for these appointments.
- The lottery will be held shortly after the Jan. 31, 2019 screening day, and letters will be sent out by the end of March 2019 to all lottery-registered families, notifying them of either their acceptance into the program or their placement on one of the waitlists.
Questions? Call the ECC at (508) 460-3503.
About the Marlborough Early Childhood Center Preschool Programs
The Marlborough Early Childhood Center (MECC) is an integrated preschool program serving both special needs and general education students. Classes are taught by highly qualified teachers who are certified in the areas of early childhood education and special education. Support staff, such as paraeducators and behavior techs, and related service providers also are certified for classroom work.
- All MECC preschool programs are four-day programs unless otherwise specified in a student’s Individualized Education Program.
- Half-day programs run Monday through Thursday. Identified special education students who qualify for the preschool program attend free of charge. Regular education student’s tuition is $2,300 for half-day program. Half-day programs are either 9:00-11:30 morning or 12:30-3:00 afternoons.
- There are two Monday through Thursday full-day programs (9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.) for PK1 students who will move on to kindergarten the following year. Full-day per-student tuition is $3,400, and placement will be via a lottery system. Special education students who are in the full-day program do not have to pay for the special education services they receive; they will pay $2,300 for the extended day.
- Tuition assistance on a sliding scale is available as determined by the state.
- Families with students attending the ECC for 2018-2019 are automatically included in the lottery for 2019-2020. They will be asked to complete a session preference sheet when school resumes after the December 2018 winter break.
- Bus transportation is only available to students with special needs who qualify for it; most parents are responsible for their ECC students’ transportation to and from school.
Questions regarding the preschool program and lottery can be directed to MECC at (508) 460-3503.
Registration forms and documents:
New Student Registration Packet - COMPLETE ALL.
- Required Document Information (birth certificate, physical examination, immunizations, proofs of residency)
- Student Data and Registration Form
- Parent and Family Information Form
- Home Language Assessment Form
- Student Health Questionnaire
- Residency Affidavit for Landlord/Shared Tenancies
- Release of Information Form
Additional Forms & Information.