Guidelines for Fundraiser Chairs
- The PTO does not accept cash as a form of payment for fundraisers done through backpack mail. All fundraiser letters should include the following line: The PTO accepts checks and money orders and cannot be responsible for cash submitted as a form of payment for fundraisers.
- $25.00 and receipts must be given to the Treasurer within a week. Receipts are required for reimbursement.
- PTO purchases need to be made using the tax exempt certificate and must be purchased separately from personal purchases.
- Please track all money taken in and spent separately.
- All money collected should be given to the Treasurer at the end of a one-time Event or within 3 days of receipt.
- Students’ names should be written on all checks.
- Money may not be left at the school. Please make arrangements ahead of time.
- All Events must be approved by the Board and then scheduled on the main school calendar in the office.
- All volunteers must submit a CORI form to the school in person with their license.
- The copy center is available for all copying needs pertaining to all fundraisers.
- Backpack mail is sent home every Wednesday. Please plan accordingly so your flyers are ready. All flyers must be first be translated into Spanish and Portuguese. A week before you need the flyers please email Mary Murphy the flyer with a request to Translate.
- Plan on sending home information about your event at least twice prior to the Event.
- Please refer to the enclosed classroom list for copying and distributing appropriate translated flyers.
- Check all information from the prior Chair before creating flyers and other material. More often than not you can utilize old flyers by simply changing dates.
- Please do not use PTO e-mail addresses for personal business and use bcc when you send out bulk mail.
Communicate information about your fundraiser two ways:
- Via the monthly newsletter. The information needs to be submitted to Ayako Barnum (Ayako.email@example.com) by the 15th of each month.
- Asking a Board Member to utilize the school sign.