MPS Health & Wellness Department
Welcome to the Marlborough Public School Health & Wellness Department page! Below you will find information and resources about the district's health and wellness program.
The School Wellness Advisory Council (SWAC) recommends and reviews district policies to promote student wellness, such as those addressing student health, health and physical education, school nutrition, and opportunities for physical activity. The council ensures that the district’s Wellness Policy is enforced and completes an annual report on students’ fitness levels, nutrition education, BMIs, and cafeteria offerings.
- MPS Wellness Policy 8.012
- MPS Wellness Policy Report 2012
- SWAC 2013 Final Report (5/29/13)
- About Healthy Fund-Raising
- Massachusetts Nutrition Bill At-A-Glance
- John C. Stalker list of foods meeting the Massachusetts Nutrition Standards for Competitive Foods and Beverages
Let's Jump Rope for the Heart!
For 22 years, MPS staff and students have participated in Jump Rope for the Heart. WMCT television visited Richer Elementary and Whitcomb Middle School to talk about the benefits of participation in this long-running event. Click on the photo at right to access WMCT's "Marlborough This Week" feature!