Choosing Marlborough High School
Learning about Marlborough High School
The transition for middle school students to high school is significant. Marlborough Public Schools is acutely aware of this important transition and would like to provide you helpful information about Marlborough High School.
We have a dedicated group of professional teachers, support staff and administrators who work diligently to meet the needs of all our students. We pride ourselves on knowing our students and in creating a nurturing culture that will assist your son or daughter graduate from Marlborough High School and moving on to their next phase of life in college or with a career. As our data below shows, we have had numerous successes. Please review the information below as you make this important decision on behalf of your son and/or daughter:
Marlborough High School Highlights
- We have a 94% graduation rate with a college bound rate of 83%.
- We have a wide variety of extracurricular sports, clubs and activities for your child to explore in the areas of art, music, theater, and such diverse clubs as Business Professionals of America, Habitat for Humanity, Junior Statesman of America, Robotics and Student Mentors to mention a few.
- Our athletic teams are top notch with several earning state playoff bids such as our lacrosse team.
- We have wonderful performances by our All-City Band, All-City Chorus, All-City Jazz, and All-City Strings musicians and chorus members.
- Marlborough’s STEM program is featured by Harvard University’s Pathways to Prosperity Network as a national model for education reform. We maintain industry partnerships with such Advisory Board members as PTC, Raytheon, Intel, Dow, Hologic and SanDisk.
- Marlborough High has partnerships with Quinsigamond Community College and Framingham State University for dual enrollment classes in the fields of computer science, engineering, health care/nurse education and biotechnology.
- We have opportunities in our career center with the goal of increasing classroom to career connections with workforce development speakers and site visits in the areas of Business and Information Technology; STEM (science, math, engineering and technology); and Visual Arts, Media and Textiles.
Visit the MHS website by clicking https://www.mps-edu.org/Page/9 for an overall look at Marlborough High School.
To take a closer look at our Program of Studies click on the following link:
Please don’t hesitate to reach out any of the Marlborough High School guidance counselors with any questions you may have while making this major decision on behalf of your daughter or son.